20141205

HAUL || New Beauty & Skincare on my Dressing Table


After a bit of a mix-up I've finally been paid, for the first time in about 3 months! Austerity is over and it was time for a great big beauty haul...



High-End


I finally got myself the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (£31) and Pure Radiance Creamy Concealer (£22). I picked up both in the Black Friday sales. The foundation was 10% off in Selfridges and the concealer was 20% off from ASOS - not huge reductions but every little helps, especially when I was getting them either way! I have the foundation in Stromboli, however I was really torn between this and the darker shade - Barcelona. I think I'll end up getting Barcelona as we move into Spring/Summer. I got the concealer in Ginger, which is the perfect match for Stromboli. I've been using these daily this past week but I don't want to spoil my upcoming post on them!


Drugstore


I also got caught up in the Superdrug 3 for 2! I picked up the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (£8.99) as I used to love it and don't know why I stopped buying it, along with finally getting my hands on the Bourjois 1 Seconde Mascara in Black (£9.99). I also picked up the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (£6.99) as my free one,. I have a love/hate relationship with the Collection Lasting Perfection, and this one is a much better colour match (the numbering of shades does seem pretty illogical though) despite not being perfect. I'll be doing a comparison of this and the Nars Concealer so keep an eye out! I already have  a Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner and love the creamy texture, I'd heard Amelia Liana say the shade Eastend Snob (£3.99) is a dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk so decided to try it. Finally, after waiting for a while for it to arrive in my local Superdrug, I picked up MUA's new Elysium Palette (£6), which I can't wait to try.






I also recently visited Leeds, so of course I stopped by the KIKO store! I picked up two Precision Lip Pencils in 300 Caffe Latte and 301 Tattoo Pink (£4.20 each), which are both brown shades (300 being lighter and 301 being darker). I also picked up two Soft Touch Blushes in 107 Tomato and 108 Orange Coral (£7.50 each), which are both nice bright shades and are really creamy for powder formulas. Finally I picked up a Luscious Punk Satin Lipstick in 01 Unique Rosy Mauve (£7.90), which is a pretty everyday shade.





In Boots there's offer on Natural Collection. Although it's a brand I often overlook, I picked out three Solo Eyeshadows (£1.99 each full price): Crushed Walnut (a dark brown matte), Milk Chocolate (a pink-brown matte) and Barley (a gold shimmer). Also I got 2 Moisture Shine Lipsticks (£1.99 each) in Fig Leaf (a pale pink nude) and Hazelnut (a rich brown). I also picked up a fab everyday Blushed Cheeks Blusher (£2.99) in the shade Peach Melba.



With CoLab being reduced in Superdrug, I picked up three full-size   bottles in London Classic, New York Fruity and Paris Floral (£3.49 full price) and two travel sized in Rio Tropical and Tokyo Oriental (£1.99 full price). Stay tuned for a review!



The Superdrug 3 for 2 struck again and I picked up 2 of the Max Factor Excess Shimmer mousse-cream eyeshadow shades (£7.99) each in Copper (a taupe-pink) and Bronze (a luxuriously deep brown). Along with these I got up my first ever Essie nail polish in in Wicked (£6.99) which is the perfect red-black vampy shade.



Finally I have a few new Makeup Revolution bits. After a bit of a mix-up with an order they kindly sent me the Hard Day Palette (£6) and two #liphug shades (£2.50 each) - Want to Leave? and To Get Lucky. I also bought myself four more: Saviour Will Come, I Think You're Amazing, I Wasn't Mixed Up and We Have Come Too Far. You can see my post with swatches of them all here.




Skincare


Escentual had some fab discounts on Black Friday so I shopped with them for the first time. I didn't place my order until about 7pm and it arrived on Tuesday. Plus it was free - how great is that?! I picked up my beloved Bioderma Micellar Water (£9.99 for 250ml). I have been using the Garnier version quite a bit but for reasons discussed in my comparison post I do prefer the Bioderma! I also finally got my hands on the legendary La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (£15.50) which I can't wait to try out. After my Body Shop haul, I just had to pick up something else in the Glazed Apple fragrance, so I got the body butter (£13).


If you managed to get to the end of this post: congratulations! Let me know what you think of my purchases in the comments :)


 


Don't forget to follow me on:





Don't forget to enter my giveaway here to win a high-end palette of your choice from Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury or Too Faced!
Share:

22 comments

  1. So many great things! Can't wait to see the reviews and swatches of the eye shadow palettes, you know, eye shadow palettes junkie here, haha! I've never tried anything from Collection so I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them :) And the KIKO lipstick looks just right up my street :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner
    Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a total eyeshadow junkie too - the colours are just so pretty! Glad you liked the post :) xx

      Delete
  2. So many new beauty goodies! I love the look of the Kiko products, need to go there soon and pick up a few bits! Can't wait to read more about the NARS products x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous of this of you who have a KIKO nearby - loving them right now! xx

      Delete
  3. You picked up SO many lovely things! I was reading this just like "yep I need to try that, and that, ooo and that"! I love the look of the dark lipstick from Natural Collection (I've never seen it before and will have to give it a swatch!) and all the Kiko and MakeUp Revolution stuff too - can't wait for all your reviews :)

    One Little Vice - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oops if that's bad news for your bank balance! xx

      Delete
  4. You've been picking up some great stuff recently! I love the Maybelline concealer and find it loads better than the Nars Radiant concealer. I've tried the Nars one a few times and actually hated it. Found it way too drying on my eye area, whilst the Maybelline one is much more hydrating and looks bright and natural. I wasn't a fan of the Nars foundation either. I love Nars as a brand and they have some great products, but those two just don't work on my skin. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them in your upcoming posts. :) xx

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - controversial opinion! haha I shall be sharing my thoughts soon... ;) xx

      Delete
  5. what a lovely haul :) x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you picked up so many amazing things! I have the Sheer Glow on my wishlist!
    Would love to see a post on it soon!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I do love a good haul! I've been wanting to pick up some bits from Kiko - I went into the store the other day and didn't know where to start - definitely will be taking some tips from you on this! Those Make Up Rev lip hug shades look gorgeous too!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KIKO - lucky you living close to a store! xx

      Delete
  8. Great haul. Its really hard to be good when there are loads of offers on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, story of my life - I just can't resist haha xx

      Delete
  9. Jealous of the Nars foundation and concealer that you have, I really want both of them - goddamn my student budget for not stretching that far!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I definitely would've never bought it earlier this year when I was still studying - wait for the post-graduation job! xx

      Delete
  10. I need to try NARS sheer glow- I still haven't tried it yet! Can't wait for your post on it. x

    Beauty Soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those ones everyone seems to love so I just had to give it a go :) xx

      Delete
  11. I need that MUA Palette in my life! You also inspired me to grab a few #liphug's... x

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty, isn't it? Cant wait to use it! And the #liphugs are amazinggg xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig