20141218

Mascara Mini-Reviews


Mascara isn't the most exciting thing to read about - there aren't any pretty swatches! So I thought I would do a little round-up of the mascaras I've been trying recently and what they're good for, though do bear in mind it's such an individual thing you may not agree with me! Personally I don't have rubbish eyelashes but they definitely need a lift and to be darkened. There's something in here for every budget, so enjoy...


Benefit They're Real Mascara, £19.50


Kicking things off with the priciest on my list - this one is a 'eternal repurchase' for me! It gives my lashes that evening look; it lengthens and adds volume; it just has that 'wow' effect. It's not something I would wear during the day though as it's quite a full-on look and I do think it's possible to go a bit overboard with it! But in the right hands for the right occasion it's a winner.

Hearts (Out of 5):

   ♥  ♥  ♥  


It's pricey for a drugstore mascara but the wand on this is really unique and the formula both lengthens and adds volume! It's definitely build-able so you're getting your money's worth in that you can use it during the day or layer it up for nighttime. This is my favourite as a day-to-night product.


Hearts (Out of 5):

   ♥  ♥  

Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara, £10.99


This was a real surprise to me as I picked it up in an offer but ended up loving it! I'd say it's a little more lengthening but still adds volume. I feel it's more of a daytime look but again you can build on it really easily - even after it's dried. It really curls the lashes and I find the silicon wand a little easier to use than on the Bourjois.

Hearts (Out of 5):

   ♥  ♥  




I picked this up basically because I was at the station and realised I'd forgotten to pack mascara! But I'm definitely glad I did as this is fantastic! It really does give you that false-lash effect but in the most natural way possible...if that makes sense! It looks like you're wearing daytime-appropriate lengthening lashes; they look super defined and separated. The only negative for me is that the wand is so small and fiddly it takes a couple of pokes in the eye to get the hang of it!


Hearts (Out of 5):

   ♥  ♥  ♥ ½

Collection Supersize Fat Lash Mascara, £2.99


This was another 'omg! I forgot mascara!' buy and another total find! This is definitely my favourite daytime mascara. I never usually go for the fibre wands but there's something amazing about this one. It adds volume and intensity to the lashes even with only a quick application. However at the same time you can apply quite a bit and it will never look 'too much' or cake-y. Perfect for on-the-go!

Hearts (Out of 5):

   ♥  ♥  ♥  



Have you tried any of these mascaras? What did you think of them? If not tell me your favourites!


 



Don't forget to follow me on:





Don't forget to enter my giveaway here to win a high-end palette of your choice from Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury or Too Faced!
Share:

19 comments

  1. Oh I really need to try the Seventeen mascara! Personally I didn't like the Benefit They're Real mascara, it clumped my lashes and didn't do much to them but, like you said, everyone has different lashes and not everyone will have the same experience with the same product. My favourite mascara so far has been Too Faced Better Than Sex :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can see how the Benefit could easily go wrong! xx

      Delete
  2. I have a bit of a mascara addiction myself... I keep hearing about that Bourjois one, I'm quite tempted to treat myself x

    Alice Red | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mascara is like foundation - we're on an endless quest to find the perfect one haha xx

      Delete
  3. I have been really enjoying the Bourjois mascara! Such a good one from the drugstore... kind of reminds me of the Benefit They're Real. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seventeen one and also the Benefit one too, those are two of my faves :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I love the Bourjois one and I really want to try the Revlon photoready one! Didn't even know that it existed! Great post!
    Emma
    P.s dont forget to enter my Christmas giveaway!
    http://www.peacelovevintage.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until it was in an offer and I randomly grabbed it haha xx

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to try out a few of these, if you're looking to try another mascara any time soon, I'd definitely recommend the Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara, it's the one i'm currently trialing out and so far I love it!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I might have to - I've never checked out their mascaras before but a couple of you seem to rate them :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love this post, gives me some ideas for new mascaras to try!
    Also, regarding the ads on your blog? Could you help me out and tell me if you have to pay to have those on, like pay monthly for those to be there?
    Any help would be great thanks

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      and they're through Google AdSense! It's totally free and you can control where they are, how many, what they're for etc. you just have to have your blog for 6 months xx

      Delete
  8. Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara is one of my favourites. Think it holds my lashes for a long time before needing reapplying x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh i love this post! mini reviews are my favourite

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one I've tried from the list is Benefit They're Real and it's one of my favourites but I don't splurge on it all the time! I also love the sound of the Collection one, seems like a gem for the price! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tend to keep it for more dressed-up occasions too. The Collection one is so amazing and underrated! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig