20141117

REVIEW & SWATCHES || Makeup Revolution #liphugs (+ a MAC Lustre Dupe!)


The most exciting new products from Makeup Revolution for me were the £2.50 #liphugs! Now it's been mentioned they are very similar in  packaging and consistency to the Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colours. I normally wait a little longer before reviewing, however I've been wearing these every single day since they arrived...

Also I've now swatched even more shades - you can check them out here :)


I chose the shades Save Me From Yourself, Keeps the Planet Spinning and Still Missing My Baby (it wouldn't be MUR without the cheesy names!) The packaging is actually really nice and sleek (reminiscent of the Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colours, in fact...), even from Makeup Revolution I would have expected to spend at least £5 on this sort of product. The only negative for me is that for the first few uses these took a bit of wiggling to get the product to wind up and down properly; I found this with all the shades. 

Here's how they looked swatched with 3 layers:


 

At least with the colours I picked, I couldn't see any shimmer at all. I found they glided out much more easily than my Topshop Sheer Lips and they feel really nice and hydrating. You know sometimes cheaper sheer lip colours can feel really thin and greasy? I don't get that at all with these, they honestly feel like the MAC Lustre formula which brings me onto the dupe I spotted!


As you can see Save Me From Yourself is extremely similar to my favourite MAC Lustre Lipstick: Jubilee! Save Me From Yourself has a very slight terracotta undertone and is a little less glossy and more pigmented, but apart from that the two look and feel very alike. I'm really pleased to have found a dupe for my perfect caramel-nude! I hate taking expensive lipsticks on nights out so I'm relieved to have something I can create the same look with that I can easily replace if it gets lost. Also, if you've considered getting Jubilee I think you should try this instead.


                     SAVE ME FROM YOURSELF                                        JUBILEE



Keeps the Planet Spinning is a sort of 'berry for people who don't do berry'. If Still Missing My Baby is blackcurrant then this one is raspberry, if that analogy made any sense! I found this did do the 'lipliner' fade a little after a while, which is odd as the darkest shade didn't. 

                                                                  KEEPS THE PLANET SPINNING

Still Missing My Baby is the full-on vampy berry/wine shade. When it wears off you do still have a nice stain, which is always good as I hate the 'lipliner' fade!

                                                                   STILL MISSING MY BABY

Obviously the only downside is one that comes with all lip colours of this type - whether they're £2.50 or £25 - and that's the staying power. To be honest I just wouldn't expect this kind of product to last more than a few hours so it doesn't bother me but I guess it's still worth mentioning. From the ones I have the lightest shade wears off the fastest, followed by the medium one and the longest lasting is the darkest.

Honestly, for me Makeup Revolution has always been about the eye products and I've been hesitant in the past to order lip colours online. However the Lip Hugs are a stroke of brilliance and I can't wait to get my hands on more shades! I love wearing Save Me From Yourself in the day then switching to one of the more berry shades for the evening.

I've since got even more of these so keep and eye out for more swatches! (I'll post on Twitter when they're up!)


Hearts (Out of 5):

     ♥  ♥  

Will you be picking up any of the Lip Hug shades? 

 


Don't forget to follow me on:

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

P.S. I'd love your vote at the UK Blog Awards! I'm nominated in the Lifestyle and Fashion & Retail categories!
Share:

46 comments

  1. I really want to try these & will be placing an order when I get paid :) The MAC dupe looks really pretty, not a shade I'd normally go for but after reading this post definitely want to :) Really love your blog, it's one of my favourites! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the post :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow these look so good and it's great that you found a dupe for MAC! Will definitely be getting some of these soon!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly amazing! :) I'm sure there will be some more dupes of higher-end stuff within the range xx

      Delete
  3. ahh! stupid computer! great post! these look fab! xo

    thebeautyideal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the last one is sooo cool! loving that bold look!
    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for this time of year because they aren't drying - it can be hard to find berry tones that aren't matte :) xx

      Delete
  5. In love with all these shades, so gorgeous!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! I have to say I was pleasantly surprised they were all so lovely in real life xx

      Delete
  6. I agree with you, for the price there's no complaints, they feel very comfortable on the lips and the colour pay off is great. I bought as well the Keeps the planet spinning and I love it! x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out for your post on your shades and maybe get some ideas for what to buy next ;) xx

      Delete
  7. In love with save yourself! Such gorgeous shades and they look so expensive x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed, I don't know how they do it! I think they're MUR's best quality lip products I've tried xx

      Delete
  8. That is the perfect dupe! I love all of the shades, especially 'still missing my baby' <3

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had these on my wish list the minute I saw them, they look amazing! It's great to read such a good review for them and I absolutely love the shades you have here, gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I'm already back on their website looking at swatches of which ones I want next! ;) xx

      Delete
  10. I really loved your swatches and I think you found a really great dupe!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & ­­Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I love your blog and I've nominated you for the one lovely blog award. You can check it out here http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/one-lovely-blog-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These lip colours are gorgeous!
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very impressed with the colours too! I'd kind of picked at random! xx

      Delete
  13. I've just got to try out this brand! I like the Makeup Revolution lipstick better than the MAC. The shades are stunning. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look gorgeous - definitely going to give them a try!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them - they really are lovely :) xx

      Delete
  15. Amazing - when I first saw the photo I thought it must be some new high end brand because I didn't recognise the packaging...then it turns out to be makeup revolution!

    The shades you picked out are so lovely too ♥
    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging doesn't look £2.50 does it? :D xx

      Delete
  16. Haven't tried the lipsticks yet but I really want to pick them up, they look so much more than £2.50! The colours you've chosen are so nice and it's always a good feeling finding a dupe! xx

    VNSX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning looks wow. Would love it if you could also check out my luxury brand giveaway worth £150 (if you haven't already)
    Kisses xo | GIVEAWAY 

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look lovely and especially how cheap they are! Loving the berry shade xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty amazed - really think MUR have outdone themselves! xx

      Delete
  19. These are absolutely gorgeous. I have all of the main line lipsticks, but none of these, so I'll definitely have to give them a go! :)

    Sarah / Naked Basics 2 Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do - I think the quality is on another level :) xx

      Delete
  20. Keeps The Planet Spinning is a beautiful shade. Love your photos xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) there really are some amazing shades in this line <3 xx

      Delete
  21. I really want Makeup revolution Stuff hahah I need to order something :) save like $200 and order all i want in a single purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I very rarely wear lip products but these look so lovely! I especially like Still Missing My Baby, it's such a great berry shade (:

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice for a subtle look if you're not that into lip colour, especially the light shades :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig