20140913

Season-Proof Beauty: Shades for All Seasons

I, for one, love getting out my berry lipsticks when Autumn comes around. But sometimes you just want makeup that's wearable throughout the year. So here are my picks (with swatches) of colours that can be worn in any season...


Lips


A nude brown shade can be taken through every Season, and my picks are:

MAC Matte Lipstick in Taupe (£15.50), for a darker nude look
MAC Lustre Lipstick in Jubilee (£15.50), for a low-maintenance 'your lips but better' glossy finish
e.l.f. Matte Lip Colour in Praline (£3.95, review here), for a creamy brown matte finish

Eyes


For eyes, I whittled it down to one palette and one single eyeshadow:
Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze (£4.99), a long-lasting cream eyeshadow in bronze
Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Palette (£4), a cool neutral palette of both mattes and shimmers with a focus on taupe shades

These products actually work really well together for both a daytime look (if you use the first 6 shades of Iconic 2) or a nighttime look (using the latter 6 shades of Iconic 2), you can use On and On Bronze as a base for both looks.   




Cheeks


These are two very different shades but I've picked out:

Nars Blush in Orgasm (£22.50), a peachy-pink colour with a gold shimmer running through
MAC Sheertone Blush in Gingerly (£18) a sheer matte muted orange

Both these shades can be worn for day and night, lightly or layered. I think they're both pretty universally flattering and they're my ultimate adaptable colours. I reach for both of them without thinking.

What do you think of my picks?

Jasmine x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Pretty shades! You really love MAC am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Iconic 2 palette. I can't believe how good quality it is for the price.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Barry m a/w collection!
    Love your blog! Xx
    Www.bananasandluxury.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of Jubilee lipstick, so pretty! Nars orgasm looks amazing too!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig